Local Stops: Brimfield Fair
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
The Brimfield Fair is the largest outdoor antique show in New England. There are over 5,000 dealers that come from all over the country. It happens 3 times a year in May, July, and September. You may have seen it written about in national magazines and toted as one of the best antique shows in the country. I've even seen it on HGTV before. We go every year, mostly because I just think it's fun to look at everything. This year I was inspired to join an upholstery class to learn how to reupholster a chair. I'll have to keep you updated on my progress.
- Wear comfortable shoes that you don't mind getting dirty! You will be walking through fields a lot and on your feet all day.
- Bring water! It can be very hot and water can be hard to find so make sure you bring your own.
- Watch out for ticks. As I said, you'll be walking through fields a lot so there are ticks. I've found them on Penny Lane after walking around with her so be sure to check yourself!
- If you see something you want, get it, because when you come back it might be gone.
- Wear sunscreen! Even if it's cloudy you can still get a sunburn. The fair is HUGE and you could probably spend the entire day walking around.
You can check out their website for more information and dates.