Holiday time always makes me feel extra crafty. Graham and Brown sent me another roll of their gorgeous wallpaper and asked me to come up with some fun ideas holiday decorating with wallpaper. I decided to make a couple of wreaths. These were not difficult to make by any means but they were pretty time consuming so be prepared to spend a few hours making them.
For the first wreath:
- 18" wreath frame
- Ribbon a similar color as the wallpaper
- Aprox. 45 strips of wallpaper cut into 8" x 2"
- Hot glue
- Wrap the ribbon around the wreath, completely covering it and hot glue as you go.
- Next take your strips of wallpaper and hot glue them into little loops. Feel free to change the size of the strips and make them thinner or longer for different looks.
- Arrange and hot glue the wallpaper loops onto the wreath.
- Attach your bow.
For the second wreath:
- 18" wire wreath frame
- Aprox. 100 5"x5" squares of wallpaper
- Scotch tape
- Hot glue
- Roll the wallpaper squares into cones by rolling one corner towards the other and use the tape to secure.
- Thread the cones onto the wreath tucking the end underneath and secure by hot gluing to the backside of the cone. Arrange them anyway you would like.
- Hot glue tinsel to the inside of the wreath.
There are so many fun ways you can change up the look of either of these wreaths like using more than one color or pattern. You could also change the size of the cones or loops, add poinsettias instead of a bow...the possibilities are endless!