For those of you who don't know I am a nut about my nails. I can't go more than two days without polish on them and I don't believe in chipped polish. With winter comes colder, dryer air and this takes a toll on your hands and nails so you have to take a little extra care. Julep reached out to me to share some tips for winterizing your hand and nail care routine. I love Julep's polishes because all their polishes are "5-free and vegan friendly" in other words they do not contain formaldehyde, resin, tolune, DBP, camphor, animal ingredients, or byproducts.
Some additional tips from me:
- Wear gloves! When you're going to be outside for a long period of time protect your hands from air with gloves. Also, wear gloves when you're washing all those extra holiday dishes to prevent excessive drying from the water and soap.
- Apply hand moisturizer after every time you wash your hands. I love the Julep Rock Star Hand Creme. I keep it in my purse so I have it with me wherever I go.
- Keep polish on your nails, even if it's just a nail strengthener. I don't know if it's just me but I tend to make much better care of my nails when they're painted. Part of the reason I always keep polish on my fingernails is it's extra motivation to keep my hands looking lovely. Once it chips I start picking at it and my fingers and it's just a huge mess. The second you have a nail that chips TAKE THE POLISH OFF and redo it. Chipped nails actually make me cringe.
- As I always say, drink plenty of water. It is essential for the health and beauty of every single part of your body.
- Carry a nail care kit with you at all times. I have a pouch in my purse with a nail file, buffer, nail polish remover, cotton balls, Q-tips, moisturizer, and clear polish. That way you're ready at all times!
Check out some of Julep's amazing trending winter colors. Which one is your favorite?
You can shop Julep's nail polish here and learn about becoming a Maven here. When you are a Maven you can get a monthly box of nail polish, makeup, or a mix of the two. You also get a discounted Maven price throughout the Julep store.
On my nails in this post: Julep Winter