September is National Honey Month, and let me tell you I'm obsessed with honey! It is such a wonderful natural sweetener with great health benefits. It is important to mention that these benefits only apply to raw honey. Sometimes you can find raw honey in the store but I would recommend getting it from a local farm if you can. You can also order it online here or here.
- Honey contains antioxidants which help reduce the risk of heart disease and certain cancers
- Natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal (the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide)
- Helps with cough and throat irritation
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- Helps with allergies because the pollen in the honey builds up your natural tolerance
- Helps heal wounds
Honey and Cinnamon Natural Hair Lightening1/2 cup water
1/4 cup honey
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Mix this up and let sit for one hour to develop. When you're getting ready to apply to your hair I recommend setting a towel on the floor and wearing a t-shirt you don't mind getting dirty as the application process can be quite messy. Section your hair, and apply until your hair is saturated. Put your hair up and let sit for an hour then wash it out. You may have to shampoo your hair twice to get all the cinnamon out. Complete this process until you reach the desired hair color. I wouldn't do this more than once a week to minimize damage to your hair.
Image via NourishMint Wellness.